Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 2013

I had my fertility appt on 11-4-13 with a PA.  I laid out my story and went through my medical history.  I could tell she wasn't 'quite convinced' that we needed the help yet.  She stepped out to speak with a doctor and that doctor agreed to help us!  (You typically have to prove you've been trying 1 year before they'll consider you for infertility).  We have been trying since October 2012.
We had a huge conversation about ovulation and that I was worried I'm ovulating late.  Found out she's not a big fan of the OTC test strips.  Her recommendation is to use the ClearBlue digital test with the smiley faces.  That really made me feel like a grown up and made me giggle.  Anyways, we decided to compromise.  We'll give it until I turn 30, so about 3 months of us trying naturally.  If still no baby we'll look into trying Clomid, which basically really helps you ovulate.  At the same time we would also run a semen analysis and I would get a fancy test done where they basically flush saline into my uterus and watch on ultrasound to make sure my fallopian tubes aren't blocked.  I believe it was called an HSG ultrasound.  We also discussed possibly testing my progesterone late in the cycle to see if it's acting appropriately.
After the appt I went out and bought a CB digital test ($35 for 2 month supply! sheesh!).
My period was due on the 5th, but ended up not showing up until the 8th, which was a 31 day cycle.  My average cycle length the last 4 months (since i stopped being hypothyroid) is about 30 days.  I started testing for an LH surge at about day 10 or 11.  I ended up getting a positive on only day 15 (I was so damn happy to see that goofy smiley face!!).  The last months weren't until cycle day 18-20, so this was a huge improvement!!!  We did what we needed to prior and at ovulation so now it's fingers crossed time.
Since then my symptoms are mostly horrible tenderness/soreness of my breasts and nipple sensitivity.  I have also had several dizzy/light headed spells which are something i've never experienced before in this time frame.  I feel i'm my normal tired, which is usually pretty tired.  Now I'm trying to decide when to start torturing myself and start pregnancy testing.  Depending on my cycle length, it could arrive anywhere between the 6th to 10th.  Crossing fingers!
Also I had thyroid labs done on the 25th of November.  My TSH was 0.74 uU/L (0.4-5.5) and fT4 was 1.11 ng/dL (0.9-1.7).  My fT4 is climbing super slowly from being hypo a few months ago.  My TSH has really been dropping, I just hope it doesn't go nonexistant again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment