So I thought the TWW (two week wait) was running along smoothly and I was pretty positive. This month I remembered to go in for a blood draw at 8DPO (days past ovulation) to check my progesterone. The reason for this is to make sure there's not an issue there that can interfere with a baby implanting in the uterus. I got the call with the results. In your follicular phase progesterone runs 0.2-1.4 (first part of the cycle). After ovulation, the luteal phase, progesterone should be 3.3-25.6, at least over 10 at 8DPO. Mine was 3.2. This means there's an ovulation defect. It's possible I'm not ovulating, but I seem to have a very clear shift in my temperature. I told the nurse that, so I think I ovulated, but who knows. Definitely the progesterone isn't high enough to help support a pregnancy. She said I could continue the cycle and if I happen to get pregnant to call them ASAP to get more blood tests. Otherwise the NP really recommended we move up doing the sono HSG (inserting saline into the uterus to see if the fallopian tubes are open) and the SA (semen analysis). I told them I'd see how this cycle finished out.
Literally today, while typing this, it looks like my period has for sure arrived. This was a very short cycle then, only 25 or 26 days. Which means I only made it to 10 or 11DPO, which is way too short, you want at least 14 days after ovulation. For months I've had a lighter flow than I did years ago. I wonder if that's due to low progesterone. The progesterone helps 'beef' up the lining of the uterus in preparation of a baby implanting and growing. If it's not 'beefing up', I bet that caused me to have lighter flows. It's all slowly making sense!
Plan is to call them when they're open again (today is Sunday). They'll need to call my insurance and finish making me officially a patient of the fertility center. Then we can come in for the sono HSG and bring in a sample for the SA. I'm guessing they'll put me on Clomid (taken early in the cycle, before you finish your period) to help produce follicles on my ovary and make me ovulate better. Also I bet they'll put me on a progesterone supplement after ovulation. I hope we figure this out soon so we can get pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment