I believe I called the fertility center around 12-30-13. I wanted to get in for the sono HSG test. Apparently they are only ran on CD (cycle day) 5-10. My period started on 12-29-13. Luckily the one doctor there decided to make a special exception for me and we were able to schedule it for 1-8-14.
I went in before 8am on that day, before work. They took me to a special U/S room with a large monitor mounted for me to view the U/S too. The sonographer lady first got some images of my cervix, uterus, and ovaries. When I saw my ovaries and how there were a few developing follicles on each (with one measuring 15mm on the right already) I dang near started crying. I was so relieved to see my ovaries were doing what they should be. The doc was very happy with how everything looked. Then they inserted the catheter for flushing sterile saline in. Now that's a weird feeling. It was interesting seeing the uterus fill up. I had to do slow breaths for the next part because I was warned it can be painful. When they flush in the saline to watch it go out the fallopian tubes it feels crazy weird and very painful for about 2 seconds. Luckily we only did it 3-4 times and verified my tubes are open, yay!! Afterwards she checked areas in the bottom of my pelvis to make sure the saline settled in my abdomen correctly. Overall she was happy with the sono HSG. She is very suspicious of me having stage I to II endometriosis though. My cervix tilts to the left and my uterus to the right. Now it may not stop you from getting pregnant, but it can make it more difficult. She was suspicious of me having a slight case of PCOS, but that's mostly because of me having type II diabetes in my family history.
Here's the plan: since I don't make enough progesterone, I need to take a supplement. If taken orally it makes you too tired. So starting 4 days after a positive opk test (so at 3DPO) I have to take a progesterone capsule vaginally at bedtime for 13 days in a row. The morning after the last pill, if I don't have a period yet, I have to take a pregnancy test. If positive I call them and we immediately do bloodwork to see if I need to continue the progesterone. If I'm not pregnant and get my period, we're going to try clomid next cycle. She wants to do a super low dose though, like only 25mg a day that you start while you're on your period. She hopes the clomid will cause a stronger ovulation, and that will help me make progesterone on my own. So we'd test my progesterone that next cycle again. If I'm not pregnant within 4-6 cycles she recommends a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis, and if seen we'll zap it. I'm pretty happy with it
Nate also had to drop the boys off for a sperm analysis. Happily he tests very well! His motility is 81% (>50), morphology is 24% (>30), and his count is 57.5 million (>20). The normals are in parentheses. pH was 8.0 (7.2-8) and volume was 6.8mL (2-5). So even though his morphology is a little low it's totally OK and makes sense since his count is so high. I'm really glad we don't need to worry about him too.
So I was going to take this cycle off, but figured let's give it a try, since many people's fertility is super high right after a sono HSG, especially if 'junk' got flushed out. So we did what we needed to do five days straight to cover my fertile period through ovulation. Now it's time to cross fingers it worked!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment