So after seeing the doc in January we started on the progesterone supplement. This took me to about 14 or 15DPO. I eventually got my period at 17 or 18DPO, Jan. 30th. So I called the doc and we decided to do 25mg of Clomid (a half dose) once daily on CD 3-7. Everything went smoothly except it did cause some 'irritability', aka bitchiness, a few days after I stopped it. On CD12 I went in for a follicle scan. They do this to make sure you aren't making too many follicles and don't want you to get pregnant with like five babies, since that's not healthy for anyone. I went in and we found a 26mm follicle on my left ovary! Unfortunately i wasn't using my OPK tests because I wanted some time off to not stress, and CD10 I turned 30. Normally I ovulate CD 14/15. Anyhow, I wasn't able to get in any OPK testing and that evening I had typical very painful cramps and a temp rise the next day. So we said I ovulated on CD12, Feb 10th.
At 7DPO i went in for a progesterone test. The goal was to 'ovulate stronger' so that I would make a better corpus luteum, CL, which secretes the progesterone after the follicle ovulates. I came back at 7 (3.3-25.6). So twice as high as last time, but still too low. I started to spot at 8-10DPO and I was so hoping it was implantation bleeding, because when I had a progesterone of 3.2 I made it to 10DPO, so at 7 I would have to make it longer, right? WRONG! I ended up having only a 22 day cycle and my period came on Feb 21st. After talking to the doc they think this cycle was somewhat 'doomed'.
I had a few other labs checked in on at that blood draw. AST was 17 IU/L (0-36), ALT was 12 IU/L (0-40), ferritin was 40 ng/mL (29-322), and TSH was 0.34 uU/L (0.4-5.5). My liver values had been slightly elevated during my celiac issues and my ferritin had been low, like 21 I think. My TSH sadly dropped, and really hoping it recovers by next month! The doc assures me though that being slightly hyperthyroid is better than being hypothyroid for trying to conceive.
This current cycle I took 50mg Clomid once daily on CD 3-7. This time we did my follicle scan on CD11. My right ovary had a 20mm follicle and the left ovary had an 18mm follicle, with a couple secondary follicles on each. So my doc said I'd have TWO eggs this cycle, which means double the chances of getting pregnant (from 20-25% to 40-50% chance of pregnancy), and would have TWO CL's, so should make plenty of progesterone for once!! started OPK's CD10 this time and looks like ovulation was either CD13 PM or CD14 AM. We didn't get to have sex as many times as I would've liked, but we did get a couple times in just before ovulation. Now I'm in the TWW and hoping and praying. At 8DPO we will check the progesterone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment