Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 2013

I made it to 10 DPO (days past ovulation) before I gave in and took a HPT (home pregnancy test).  Negative.  :(  So the night of 12DPO, December 4th, I started to have brownish spotting.  I have never spotted before!  I of course freaked out then.  The next morning, 13DPO, December 5th, my period was here in full force :(  I had a 27 day cycle.  Quite the jump from a 31 day cycle.  It is what it is.  After taking a little sad time I started looking forward to this month.  I had just really been hoping to maybe tell our families around Christmas we were positive.... oh well.
I finally talked to my endo regarding my last test results.  Basically we're happy I'm not hyperthyroid, but only time will tell if my TSH will go into being non-existant again.  Hoping it doesn't!  I need regular cycles to try to get preggers!  We're going to recheck my TSH in January.
This month I also started charting my BBT (basal body temperature).  The idea is it helps confirm ovulation.  You measure your temp the first thing you do when you wake up, no getting out of bed!  You need at least 3-5 hours of solid sleep though.  A couple days I got squat for sleep and it definitely messed up my temps.  The first part of your cycle, the follicular phase, your BBT is very low, like 96-97.3 degrees Fahrenheit for me.  In the second part of your cycle, the luteal phase, which is after ovulation, your temp should spike at least 1/2 a degree and stay elevated.  As of today (CD17) it looks like I had a BBT shift, which makes me so happy that I think I ovulated!  I was worried maybe I'm not?
This cycle I was OPK (ovulation prediction kit) positive on CD14 (cycle day).  Last time it was CD15.  More normal!  It was positive only that morning.  That evening I had absolutely horrible cramping in my left abdomen, so bad I could barely sleep.  I'm guessing I ovulated between CD14 and 15.
So now is what they call the TWW (two week wait).  Basically you experience all the fun PMS symptoms that can easily mimic early pregnancy symptoms.  I'm trying to not symptom spot too much... we'll see how well that works.  So far this time I did notice my breasts seemed larger right away, and tender too.  Later even my abdomen had a 'full' feeling.  Who knows if it means something.
Unfortunately it'll be too soon to test in time for Christmas.  A good time though will be New Year's Day, and I'm hoping a positive HPT is how we'll start the new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment