Friday, May 17, 2013

Second Recheck

     So this past Thursday, 5-15-13, I had a T4 check after being on the increased dose of PTU.  Blood was drawn at 8AM.  At about 1PM my doctor called me.  Say what?  That fast!!!  Of course it was as I was going into an important meeting so I had to keep it short.  He was concerned how I've been feeling.  Told him I thought I was fine, maybe feeling better.  He was happy with that.  My fT4 was 0.66 ng/dL (0.9-1.7).  So now I'm HYPOthyroid.  Well that's fun.  Luckily I'm not feeling overly tired, but my doctor said it's possible it may be behind, and it could happen.  Nice...  So the plan now is to not take any PTU for the next 2 days, then go back to 50mg three times a day.  On 6-10-13 I have my first official recheck with him and he wants me to check the fT4 just before I come back in to see him.  Our goal is to get things straightened out so we can hopefully achieve pregnancy soon.  In general we've quit avoiding getting pregnant and now if it happens, well awesome!  I don't want a baby born in dead summer though, so soon we'll have to avoid getting pregnant again. :(
     I've been trying to eat healthy and also trying gluten free to see if there's an effect.  My grandpa on my father's side has Celiac, so there's a chance of a gluten intolerance, which can also be common with the Graves' disease too.  I've switched to water only, except for the milk with my cereal in the morning.  Also watching that I don't consume alcohol, or only do at times when I know I have no chance of being pregnant. In general though I'm barely drinking, since that'll help with fertility or whatever it is they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment