On April 1st I went in for my first recheck since starting meds. It was a labwork only, didn't see the doctor. Went to the lab to check a fT4. In the meantime I'm continuing the PTU at the same dose until I get a phone call from the doctor.
The day before, Easter, 3-31-13 I got a period on my own. YAY!!! That is a huge improvement for me. Unfortunately it only lasted 2-2.5 days.
A week went by with no call from the doctor, so I called them. Found out he was in NYC. Great... The next night I realized I had many unexplained bruises on my legs and also had noticed one on my right cheek. WTF? So when I went in to pick up more meds at the pharmacy I mentioned it to the pharmacist. He basically recommended I contact my doctor... lol, we'll see if that works.
So today I called the doc's office and told them I was concerned about side effects of my meds. He was back in. About an hour later he called to discuss with me. My fT4 came back improved. It's now 2.17 (0.9-1.7). Last time it was 2.62. I'm obviously still high, so hyperthyroid. He asked how I was feeling. Told him a coworker mentioned she's noticed I shake a lot less. He was very happy with that. This weekend when trying to work out though I experienced heart palpitations. Also told him about the period, was happy I had a spontaneous one, and a short one is totally normal with hyperthyroid. He was worried about the bruising, so he asked if I'd go in to check my clotting times and a CBC to check platelets. Also he wants to increase my meds. Right now it's 50mg PTU three times daily. Now he wants 100mg twice daily and 50mg at my mid-day dose. Recheck my fT4 in 35 days. In June I need to go in for an actual recheck.
I wasn't at work this morning because of a head cold and our manager wanted me to rest up. On my way to work I hit the lab for the draw. Doctor said he'd call that afternoon with the results. Unfortunately as of now I still haven't received a phone call yet. :(
UPDATE: My doctor sent me an online letter about a day and a half later. My INR (clotting test) was 1.1 (0.8-1.1). My CBC (complete blood count) was normal. Platelets were 210,000 (140,000-385,000). Hematocrit was 39.3% (36-46). WBC (white blood cells) were 3,730 (3,700-10,400). My white cells were barely normal, and that's something that needs to be watched in general on the PTU.
UPDATE: On 4-26-13 I had another period, so 27 day cycle! This time it lasted closer to 3.5 days. In mid May I'll go have my T4 rechecked and hopefully it'll be normal now so we can try to get pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment