On 8-12-13 I was due for a routine fT4 and TSH check. No call from the doctor, so the results were auto-released 3 days. later. My fT4 was 0.66 ng/dL (0.9-1.7) and TSH was 8.02 uU/mL (0.4-5.5). So even with the reduction in my PTU meds, my fT4 further dropped! Since my T4 has been low, my TSH is trying to ramp up production and it has increased even higher. I'm now very sick of being low, and feel so crappy from it, that I'm going off my PTU. Hopefully the doctor will agree with me. It's now been almost 2 weeks since I had this lab drawn and still no call from my doctor, and I've called twice. Well, I'm my own doctor and patient right now and I'm making the call to stop the PTU. Still seems way to early to achieve remission, but hey, maybe I'm an overachiever ;) I'm worried if the high TSH could cause a rebound effect though? Also we normally check my fT4 every 5 weeks, and I'm not sure if we should do earlier with me off meds?
Update 8-26-13: finally spoke with the doctor. At first he wanted me to decrease to one tab of PTU per day. I told him my plan and he backs me up. So it's officially OK with the doctor to be off meds! Recheck labs will be 9-16-13.
No comments:
Post a Comment