On 7-8-13 my next round of labwork was due. The results will auto release 3 days after they come available, even if the doctor hasn't called yet. I always sign in right away to see the results ASAP. So this time my TSH was 4.79 uU/mL (0.4-5.5) and my fT4 was 0.77 ng/dL (0.9-1.7). I was really disappointed that my T4 had somehow dropped further (it was 0.85 ng/dL last month)! At least the TSH started to work harder...
Also we ran antibody tests for celiac disease. It tests for the transglutaminase IgA and IgG antibodies. A negative test is < 7.0 U/mL and a positive test is >10.0 U/mL. My results for both the IgA and IgG tests was 32.0 U/mL. Uh oh...
I talked with my endo on 7-15-13. We both aren't quite sure why my T4 is still low. It's definitely too early for remission. He thinks maybe my circulating TRab's are low right now. We will now decrease my PTU to 1 pill twice daily (and this is a three times per day med). He also highly recommends I see a gastroenterologist to discuss celiac disease, since my antibody test was positive. We scheduled an appt for 7-22-13. They may likely recommend a colonoscopy with biopsies, since that's what's really needed to diagnose celiac's.
My period was due on 7-12-13, but didn't happen, and a test taken the day after it was due was negative... boo. So I'll try one more test a week later and if that's also negative then I highly doubt I could be pregnant. Likely my cycle stretched out super long again and may take almost 7 weeks to have a period. This is getting really old..... I would love to just have a normal cycle so we could plan on when ovulation would likely happen!!!
Also it's a bummer to see everyone else getting pregnant, but my health is in the shitter....
No comments:
Post a Comment